Thursday, February 6, 2014

Tacos & Tarros






            Next on my adventure of exploring taco shops galore, is Tacos & Tarros in Otay Ranch off Birch road. Its a sit down and dine in restaurant which is not what I’m used to going to but it is surely a great place to go eat. Now going back to my four main categories, quality, quantity, customer service and pricing, I will be able to explain and complete this review where its short, sweet and to the point. Lets start with quality, I ordered two types of tacos being tacos de lengua and de arrachera which is beef tongue and a special marinated carne asada. After biting down into the tacos I ordered they were extremely delicious, the meat was cooked to perfection topped with salsa, onions, and cilantro which was a perfect combination. As far as the arrachera it was very delicious and juicy, not comparable to the style in Tijuana but still very good, while being topped with guacamole, salsa, onions and cilantro. The guacamole was thick and flavorful making the combination of the rest of the toppings compliments and completes the taco itself. So I would give the quality a 9/10. Next with the quantity, the amount of meat and toppings was superb making me full after about three tacos, it was a lot but no element of the taco outweighed the other giving it a 10/10. With customer service, they were kind and nice about me entering in, but as I ate the service was slow for not being as busy, but that was due to having one waiter the entire night, so it was understandable but a little un acceptable. Overall the service was a 8/10. Lastly the pricing was like any shop they were a little bit expensive but with the amount of meat and toppings they put on the tacos will make up for it. In addition they do have deals each night where they have a couple of tacos and a soda for under six dollars which in my opinion is a good idea but I wasn’t aware of the deal until after I ate. All in all the pricing gets a 9/10 since the price stand point could be a little better, but it’s a dine in restaurant so they can charge whatever they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment