Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tacos El Poblano

 

 
Tacos El Poblano is located in a small area right in front of the K-Mart off East H Street. Going into the restaurant, everything looks very clean and well organized so a welcoming and comfortable vibe was present. Of course entering the establishment with my suit made the employees smile at me and look at me in shock, however; it didn't phase them one bit when showing their polite smiles. Now all things aside lets get into the food! To order your food you look at the signs above the cooks (there are always three) and decide which meat you would like to digest in your stomach. Upon asking the cooks they were polite enough to respond and make the food that you request. The cooks speak both Spanish and English, so it is easy for any person to order their food. Of course the specialty of the place is tacos, but you also have the option to get quesadillas or anything taco related. Once you order your taco you are politely asked if you want everything on it; cilantro, onion, and guacamole are everything that comes on it and might I say the combination of the three is amazing. Along with an assortment of condiments is provided ranging from a variety of salsas mild to hot as well as carrots, onions and other traditional Mexican condiments. Now eating the food was delicious, for I had ordered carne asada and adobada (because that's all I could afford at the time), but let me tell you those two meats were absolutely delicious, soft, crispy meat that just melts in your mouth. What didn't really help was the guacamole for it was watery and didn't have much flavor, but the mouth watering meat made up for it. Overall I would give this a Taco Libre: 9 out of 10 just because of the guacamole; I love me a great tasting smashed avocado. For $1.85 each taco that kinda hurts my wallet and hindered me from ordering more tacos, but the meat satisfies and is worth the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment